Leveraging Our Experience
To Simplify Complex Legal Problems
Scarano, Kimberly A.
- Family Law 90%
- Criminal Law 8%
- Personal Injury 2%
Kimberly A. Scarano began her legal career in 2005 as an Assistant State Attorney for the Sixth Judicial Circuit in Pinellas and Pasco County, Florida. During her time at the State Attorney’s Office, she tried misdemeanor, felony and juvenile delinquency cases.
In 2008, she left the State Attorney’s Office and worked for seven years as a senior attorney for the Florida Department of Children and Families. As a senior attorney, she was responsible for all aspects of dependency child abuse cases, including termination of parental rights proceedings. She tried a variety of cases, many of which included cases of serious physical and sexual abuse. She also provided legal counsel to child protective investigators, case managers, and to adoptions case managers in her role as adoptions specialist.
Ms. Scarano joined the law firm of Jeffrey P. Cario, P.A. in September of 2015.
Ms. Scarano received her Juris Doctorate degree from the Stetson University School of Law in 2005 and her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Central Florida in 2000.
She is a member of the Florida Bar Association, Hernando Bar Association, and the Hernando-Citrus Inn of Court.
Jeffrey P. Cario, P.A. concentrates its’ efforts on providing clients with quality, ethical representation in their family and criminal law cases. We personally attend to your case needs. Discuss your case with an attorney by scheduling a consultation.
Call 1-352 592-0040 to speak to Brooksville and Spring Hill family and criminal lawyers.
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- J.D. - 2005
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Psychology
- Florida, 2005
- Cranney v. Cranney, 206 So. 3d 162 (Fla. 2d DCA, 2016), FL 2nd DCA
- Vilardi v. Vilardi, 225 So.3d 395 (Fla. 5th DCA, 2017), FL 5th DCA
- Johnson v. Johnson, 268 So.3d 203 (Fla. 5th DCA, 2019), FL 5th DCA
- Doud v. Whiteaker, 2020 Fla. App. LEXIS 3882, FL 5th DCA, PCA - 5 page written Order as to attorneys fees award
- Holland v. Ferriero, 236 So.3d 1103 (Fla. 5th DCA, 2017), FL 5th DCA, PCA - no opinion
- N.M. v. Dep't of Children & Families, 230 So.3d 1235 (Fla. 5th DCA, 2017), FL 5th DCA, PCA - no opinion
Classes & Seminars
- Dependency Court - New Clerks Academy (presenter), Florida Clerks & Comptrollers, 2017
- Florida, 2005
- Florida Department of Children and Families, Senior Attorney, 2008 to 2015
- Office of the State Attorney - Sixth Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney, 2005 to 2008
- Hernando/Citrus Inn of Court, 2013 to 2017
- Hernando County Bar Association, Present
- Florida Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney